Okay– we haven’t had a good me-me circulate in AGES. As I was walking tonight, I started to think up a good, short, goofy me-me, and it turned out to be an AWESOME exercise in making me see what was best about my day–I’ll try to share the coolness as I show you the me-me.
I wanted weird answers, goofiness, a pop-culture sensory-overload snapshot of someone’s day–here are the questions I came up with:
1. If you could eat ANYTHING at THIS VERY MOMENT what would you be stuffing your face with?
Banana cream pie
2. If you could warp the space time continuum and start and finish a project in an hour, what would it be (and what color would it be?)
The Decimal Cardigan from Spring Knitty–in brown.
3. What was the weirdest thing to happen to you all day?
As I was leaving the day-care lady’s apartment building, I heard Ladybug say, “Hi!” and then I almost dropped my keys when a man’s voice said, “Hi there, sweetie–how are you?” I turned around and there was some random cute guy, returning from his workout–I was so surprised!
4. What was the funniest thing someone said to you today?
It turns out there were a LOT of funny things–someone told me she was going to sell her body for Laurell K. Hamilton books, Ladybug told me she was talking a lot because she was happy, and a co-worker I’ve been worried about told me he got a cat and is probably going to name it Dammit.
5. What was today’s songworm?
6. What was the thing you did today you were proudest of?
I played ‘The Highwayman’ for my 2nd period because it showed up in a Frank McCourt story about the power of poetry.
7. What was the dumbest thing you did today?
I wrote a crossover Supernatural/Heroes fanfic on a dare from a student. (Damned kid already owes me cookies–they’d better be spe-fucking-tacular.)
8. What was the most same ol’ same ol’?
The craptacular house.
9. What was the best thing about your region today?
Fields of Green’s mustard flowers. I love them, and they only have a 3 week season.
10. What color was your day, and would you knit a project with it?
My day was blue/lavender with yellow flecks. And I’d knit with that in a heartbeat.