First of all, you guys are awesomesauce with the quotes– that was soooo MUCH FUN. We’ll have to do it again sometime–or lines from songs or titles from songs or lines from books or… ooooohhhh… The possibilities are endless!
Second of all–Yaoi-Con? Total blast. I was probably too loud and to obnoxious and too loopy personally– but I had the bestest time. Of course, the older I get, the more I realize that time is precious and that there is NEVER enough time to do the things that just fill us manic-frickin’-glee, so I’m going to list the things I wish I had more time to do:
* Wish I had more time to look at Jo Chen‘s amazing artwork. I had a hell of a time picking a picture to post to show you guys who Jo Chen was because A. Her art is all gorgeous, no lie, and B. I didn’t want to post ANYTHING without her permission. The picture I picked is of an art book, and I posted a link to amazon.com, because she’s the illustrator of the Buffy graphic novels and comic books (Season 8 and Season 9) and I figured that this way it was free publicity and not pirating a picture for my own uses. Suffice it to say? My family adores this artist, and in person, she is demure and humble, and I just want to ooze into a puddle at her feet and say ZOMG, YOU ARE SO INSPIRING!
* Wish I had more time to talk to Mary. Mary Calmes, my darling, my dearest, my most adored and beloved friend who kept me awake until three in the morning two nights running so we could talk until one of us (me) simply stopped in mid sentence and committed to four hours of sleep– there was not enough time. We need a week. Preferably in Hawaii. Just because. I love you, my dear–there is not enough time.
* Wish I had more time for Andrew Grey to grab me by the hand and haul me off on surprise errands to see his banners or watch his panel (Ask The Gay Boys!) or visit the art room, or to talk to Andrew’s husband, Dom, oh he with the subtle sense of humor!
* Wish I had more time for Ariel Tachna and Nicki Bennett and Julianne to talk about any damned thing, because simply being in the same room with them makes me very very very happy.
* Wish I had more time to chat with Lori Toland who brought me her lovely lovely Royal Bee organic face cream and who has a Cheddar cat who looks much like my Steve.
* Wish I had more time to look at the happy, creative, joyful kids (and adults!) in their beautiful costumes who were there for the pure enthusiasm of sharing something they loved.
* Wish I had more time to write Andrew jokes–while Mary tells me that NO ONE should EVER repeat those jokes in ANY company whatsoever!
* Wish I had more time to talk to all of the other wonderful, amazing, fun, sympathetic, and warm people who also write for Dreamspinner.
* Wish that somehow I could sandwich all that time in to sleep.
It was an awesome weekend. And now? I need to cram my art docent homework before I sleep!