I finished Beneath the Stain today, and popped out of the rabbit hole to discover:
So You Think You Can Tell…
* I had a hideous breakout on my face
* You can see my gray hair after too long between dye bottles
* My toenails look heinous
* The clothing I’d bought online in the wee frickin’ hours of the morning was starting to arrive, and my taste in bras has improved but for everything else I should maybe get some sleep.
* Made the kids fish their clothes from the clean pile instead of folding them
* Served my family milkshakes for dinner last night
* Failed to feed the cats before they ate the bowl they knocked off the table
* Probably should clean the floor in the kids’ room
* Have been living from milk to milk, not from shopping to shopping
* Have broken my diet several times
* Have developed a pathological attachment to the evil imps hawking sugar and fat at in front of the grocery store.
* Stopped by my grandmother’s house to give my aunts and uncle moral support as they held an estate sale
* Knitted feverishly on Squish’s sweater so I can get to the baby blanket I need to be feverishly working on moar.
* Taken pictures of the partially completed Chain Mail Rib scarf, and hoped people don’t really buy Blackbird Knitting in a Bunny’s Lair for the knitting pattern in the back
* Become unnaturally attached to several songs that I didn’t realize were part of my own personal mythos
And now, I think I would like to:
* Knit and watch television with my family
* Fold clothes
* Clean the house
* Get ready for the couches my aunts and uncle generously let us have from grandma’s estate
* Edit the 167K monsterpiece that I hath created, and hope that, as I re-read it, I discover that holy Goddess, merciful God, it might not suck.